Wednesday, August 23, 2023

ME!


ME!

 Hello, my name is Loreilei! Pronounced Lor-Uh-Lie, I am a senior Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Business Major with a concentration in Marketing. In my free time I like to work out, trying local coffeeshops and I love plants! I also love Taylor Swift. She is absolutely my favorite artist of all time and I finally got the chance to see her in concert this past summer! I have a job at Starbucks during school. Where one can also find us goofing off while making drinks! I think being a barista is the perfect job while in school. 

Working?

I am also involved in multiple clubs including, but not limited to NCF, Kappa Phi, HBA and AMA. NCF is my passion project and the people in it are some of my closest friends. I started out as a Pharmacy Major and then decided that it wasn't for me. Switching was probably the best decision I've made during my time at ONU. I have met some of the most amazing people here. I live in a five bedroom off campus house with four other seniors. We are all very different, but similar in a lot of ways. I think we are all sort of grandmas. My previous years roommate has a habit of liking old timey things such as western movies, knitting and sewing. Anyways, Senior year is something I've been looking forwards to, but also kind of dreading. I love learning and it has always been a big part of my life. On the other hand, I am so tired of being in school and just want to graduate. I don't really want to be a full on adult either. College is a great place to be a semi-adult because everyone one interacts with is also learning how to be an adult. In the real world one is expected to know how to do things like pay taxes, rent, and utilities. 

Engagement Photos
Senior year aside, I am also in the process of planning a wedding. I met Zach at Jubie's, a local ice cream shop, that we both worked at in high school. The pandemic cancelled a lot of our graduation activities, but we managed to attend a homeschool prom together. This was the summer before going off to college and despite both of us leaving for school we decided to start something. I don't think we could've imagined that what we started then could ever turn into what it is now. 
Senior Prom

I want to give some context as to what we've been through together. Zach is in the Army, but also goes to school at Ohio State. We have been a mid-distance relationship for basically our entire relationship. He went away for basic training. I didn't have contact for five months. We wrote letters back and forth. His grandma died while he was away. We got to facetime! I drove to Missouri and back twice in one week. Okay, that was a quick recap! Since then we've gone through a lot, but I feel like that whole experience really shaped our relationship into what it is today.  
Jeremiah and Miriam
This leads me to what I want this blog to be about which is Taylor's songs and how they relate to my life. The song "ME!" first came out in 2019 and it was a giant hit in my house. It's not my favorite song, it might be one of my least favorites, but when it came out it brought my little siblings and I together. I am the oldest of five. Being the oldest means teaching your younger siblings about the best music. We would watch the "ME!" music video on repeat when my youngest brother was little. He would've been around three years old and my youngest sister eight years old. This was a real bonding moment and it has continued to be since then. 

"ME!" is what started their interest in Taylor so I have to love it at least for that!



7 comments:

Megan said...

Loreilei! What a great blog! All of your pictures are so precious. It's great to see that you so involved in so many clubs. Best of luck with your senior year!!

Aubrianna Wylie said...

Hey Loreilei, congratulations on your engagement! I loved your photos, so cute. Your story is so adorable on how ya'll got together. My sister is obsessed with T-swift. I think it's interesting how you connected Taylor's songs to your own life. I remember listening to Love Story with my sister on repeat when we were younger. I think Taylor's lyrics are very precise and how she relates to our emotions and feelings. There's practically a T-Swift song for every mood your in.

a said...

Hi Loreiei! Excited to work with you on the Capstone project this year! Just wanted to say that its great to see you are capturing all these memories and thanks for all the coffee at Starbucks!

a said...

This is Drew Butera, not sure why the name is just "a".

Carly Coia said...

Hi! Congratulations on your engagement!! That's so exciting! I also went to the Eras Tour this summer. My concert was Pittsburgh Night 2! It was all I could've dreamed of and more!

Isa Ramos said...

We love a Swiftie!! And congratulations on your engagement, I'm sure wedding planning is a lot to balance on top of everything else!

FeltNERD said...

Great post. Next time you can come to Fort Leonard Wood too! Yay! Fun!

Bye Bye Baby

“Essentials of Social Media” was one of the better college level textbooks I have been forced to read in my life. I am not a huge fan of rea...