Wednesday, October 11, 2023

Enchanted

Pinterest is my favorite platform. I usually use it when I have a rush of creativity, but no actual effort to put into that creativity. It is relaxing to make boards that encompass everything from photography to plants. One thing that I’ve learned about Pinterest is that keywords are super important. It allows content to be found by the right audience and is key for pins to be successful. I’m going to walk you through the history of my Pinterest account. There are some boards that are outdated so bear with me.

Calligraphy
In high school I went through a phase where I would constantly practice my handwriting. I would find pins I liked on Pinterest and copy them over and over to practice lettering. I got fancy pens that helped make the lines clear. I specifically practiced writing Taylor Swift lyrics. Many Taylor Swift lyrics. At one point I had made so many of these little calligraphy papers that I started putting them on my wall. I taped them up until I had an entire wall covered. It was a pain to take down, but at the time it was my greatest accomplishment.

Photography
My friends and I created a shared photography board. The main use was for inspiration for homecoming poses, but we also used it for photoshoots. My friends and  I loved getting all dressed up and going to take photos. I remember we went to this garden and were searching through Pinterest for ideas on how to dress and pose. When I got engaged, I replaced the big photography board with a board for just engagement photos.
Apartment

When I moved into college I made a dorm board, but it quickly felt outdated and not my style. I then made a board called “Grown Up Apartment.” I tried to find things that had a sense of maturity to them, but it became more about plants. I did not realize this while I was making it, but pins I pinned involved plants.


Beginning
End
In high school I also went through a phase where I painted my nails almost every day. I looked to Pinterest for inspiration. To be fair this was the age of galaxy print nail art. While I was looking through this board, I realized that my style has certainly changed throughout the years. It started with ambitious patterns and designs. It has turned into solid colors and pastels. The first photo is the beginning of the board versus the end.

Taylor Board
I couldn’t talk about my Pinterest boards and not talk about the one I have for Taylor Swift. I have one for each of her albums, but I haven’t made one for Midnights because I’ve been slacking. Most pins are lyrics and album art. I have saved many photos from each tour.

I chose Enchanted for this post. It represents dreaming of what could happen. I feel like dreaming embodies Pinterest. The song is a representation of meeting someone for the first time and being enchanted by their personality. I think most people are enchanted by Pinterest.

3 comments:

Markus M said...

This is sweet. I love that we seemed to have the same takeaways and that you included great pictures !!

Kylie said...

It sounds like you have a lot of experience with Pinterest. I loved that you traced letters off Pinterest to practice your handwriting, that's such a creative idea!

Carly Coia said...

I think we use Pinterest in the same way! It's one of my favorite apps!

Bye Bye Baby

“Essentials of Social Media” was one of the better college level textbooks I have been forced to read in my life. I am not a huge fan of rea...