Monday, October 2, 2023

Mary's Song (Oh My My My)

 I watched football this weekend. I have little knowledge about football, but my fiancé is a fan. I am slowly learning increasingly. I learned recently that there are three teams within one football team. My fiancé’s favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. His dad is from Texas so it is just a family favorite team. My family has never been interested in watching football. My grandparents would have it on in the background during Sunday lunch, but for me that was prime time for napping. This weekend I watched the Cowboy’s game and the Chief’s game. Which brings me to Taylor Swift. This woman has the audacity to date a football player. I knew of Travis Kelce because of Momma Kelce during the Super Bowl last year. I was surprised when I saw she was going to games and bringing all her friends to the games. It is cool to see her at the games. This is a safe way for Swifties to see her without stalking her apartment. I do not know how I feel about Travis Kelce as a person just yet, but we shall see how he treats Taylor and then decide.

I chose Mary’s Song (Oh My My My) because of a particularly interesting lyric. This song is from Taylor’s first album which is self-titled. She wrote that album at 14 years old and it was released when she was 16 years old. It is about a girl and a boy that grow up together. It starts with describing two kids in the backyard just playing around. Then moves to the couple being 16 and being grown up. It includes the lyric, “I’ll be 87 you’ll be 89.” This is interesting because Taylor’s birthday is in 1989 and Travis Kelce’s jersey number is 87. Now I am not saying that she predicted the future, but I will say that this is a weird coincidence.

Big Smiles
Caramel Apples!
Along with watching Taylor’s football game, I also did a couple fall themed activities this weekend. Saturday, Northern Christian Fellowship put on an off-campus bonfire. It was fun to get away and roast marshmallows in the creepy deep dark woods. The stars were so gorgeous that night. It was successful because I came out of it with no bug bites! My roommates, a few friends and I on Sunday made caramel apples at home. It was harder than I thought it was going to be. The caramel was very melted and it would not stay on the apples. It was messy, but in the end it was worth it. 

No comments:

Bye Bye Baby

“Essentials of Social Media” was one of the better college level textbooks I have been forced to read in my life. I am not a huge fan of rea...